Be sure to check out the Facebook Event Page to RSVP & receive updates.
Hellcat Alleycat is a fixed gear specific alleycat race that happens annually during the summer in Jacksonville, FL. Started in 2011, it has grown exponentially since.
Out of city, state, and country participation are usually present, and this year is no different. Over 100 racers are expected this year to race their hearts out in the Florida heat of summer.
Event Location: Jacksonville, Florida (Specific Location TBA)
Event Date: Saturday, July 27th
Event Time: 2pm Registration / 4pm Race
Event Registration: $10 Online / $15 Day of Race
Course Distance: 20-30 miles (depends on the route you choose)
Required to race are a few items:
- A fixed gear bicycle
- A helmet
- A signed waiver (provided day of race)
- $10 online registration fee ($15 day of race)
- Checkpoint-to-checkpoint style alleycat race. You will receive a map for each checkpoint you reach, revealing your next checkpoint. No tasks, no gimmicks, just race as fast as you can, navigate, and hold on to your maps.
- Checkpoints MUST be completed in order. If you are paying attention to your maps, navigating, and doing the race correctly, you should not have a problem. If you are being a wheel bitter and following people you see ride past you and/or grabbing maps out of order from the wrong checkpoints, you will probably have a problem.
- 15-25 miles (all depends on the route you take)
- Spokecard is provided for memorabilia for every registered rider
- Thanks to Ass Savers, this year the first 100 racers will receive a free Hellcat Alleycat 3 specific portable fender.
- You MUST keep every map from every checkpoint or you will have to go back to get your missing maps. Volunteers are in approximate locations, it is your job to find them.
- If you do not have all your maps and finished within the 2 hour time limit, you will be listed as DNF (Did Not Finish).
Placings to be awarded are 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, 1st Place Out of Town, 1st Place Woman.
The event after-party will be held at Aarwolf Brewery (1461 Hendricks Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32207) with food trucks.
Post-race cupcakes provided by Sweet by Holly.